Join the upcoming event co-organized by the Swedish International Centre for Local Democracy (ICLD) and Development Partners Network on Decentralisation & Local Governance (DeLoG) to explore four strategies for local governments to combat discriminatory policies and defend democracy. This event is scheduled on September 14 from 10:00 – 11:30 AM (CEST).
Discover how decentralization and strengthening local democracy can help resist autocratic tendencies in countries where democracy is retreating. Learn about tools and incentives that local governments can use to stand up against anti-rights policies and the role of morality in shaping their responses.
Moderator: Helena Bjuremalm, Deputy Head of Democracy Unit, Sida
– Wawan Mas’udi, Universitas Gadjah Mada Indonesia, PI of the research project Morality Policies and the Prospect for Inclusive Citizenship in Decentralized Indonesia
– Shora Esmailian, journalist, author and women’s rights activist from Iran/Sweden
– Sergeant Kgosietsile, HBTQ activist and former councilor in Gaborone, Botswana
– Mujo Halilovic, Malmö City’s Centre for inclusion of Roma population, Sweden
– Olga Ditsie, Mayor of Jwaneng Town, Botswana
– Adria Duarte, International Observatory of Participatory Democracy (TBC)
You can read more about the event here.
Copyright 2015-2024. Local Public Sector Alliance.